1. General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
On the 25th May 2018, the European data protection legislation that replaces the old 1995 EU Data Protection Directive came into force. This legislation is known as General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). GDPR strengthens the rights that individuals have regarding personal data relating to them and seeks to unify data protection laws across Europe, regardless of where that data is processed.
GDPR legislation applies to any data that can identify a living person, including but not limited to, email address, postal address and phone number.
Hall Associates Europe LLP is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected and is fully GDPR compliant. If you provide us with any information by which you can be identified when using this website or by other means, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
By providing personal information through this web site, email, telephone or any other means; you agree to the collection, storage and use of personal information in accordance with this policy.
Hall Associates Europe LLP is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office; registration reference Z9288813
1.1 Your right to be forgotten
Also included in the GDPR you have a “Right to be forgotten”. This means that you will be able to make a request to us for your personal data to be erased.
1.2 Privacy commitments
- We only collect basic personal data about you which does not include any special types of information.
- Personal Data will only be collected, kept, and used for legitimate business purposes, or if we’re legally required to do so.
- We will be clear and open on what Personal Data is collected and how it will be processed.
- For as long as we maintain records of your Personal Data, it will be kept up to date and protected with appropriate safety measures.
- We only collect basic personal data about you which does not include any special types of information. The information we collect does however include your name, job title, business address, email, and phone number.
2. What data is collected?
The following information is collected based upon our legitimate business interests, either from our own research or via website submissions:
2.1 Data may include:
- Contact details, such as name, job role, organisation name, e-mail address, address and phone number.
- Preferences with respect to e-mail marketing where appropriate.
- A variety of research data requested via our website’s “Quick Benchmarking” data submission form, or from enquires about our services posted on our website.
2.2 What we do with your data
All the personal data we process is processed by our staff in the UK, however for the purposes of IT hosting and maintenance this information maybe located on servers outside of the UK. No Third parties have access to your personal data, unless the law allows them to do so.
2.3 How long we keep your data
We only hold your personal data for as long as there is a legitimate business purpose for doing so, or until you exercise your right to be forgotten.
4. Your Rights
Your personal data is protected by legal rights. In addition to your right to be forgotten, you can object to our processing of your personal data; request that your personal data is corrected and request access to your personal data.
You also have a write to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office which regulates the processing of personal data: https://ico.org.uk
4.1 Reviewing Your Personal Data
We may take steps to verify your identity before providing you access to your personal data.
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 25th May 2018.
5. Where can I find out more?
Hall Associates Europe LLP, Greengates, Upper Dobbin Lane, Trevone PL28 8QR